Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Welcome to Kindergarten in Room 123!

Welcome to Kindergarten in Room 123!!

Here are a few pictures of our classroom.


















Teachers in Room 123

Mrs. Bixby

This is my seventh year teaching kindergarten at Bowen Elementary School and my tenth year teaching kindergarten.  I love being a part of the fantastic Bowen community, and I am honored to be here doing my favorite things:  Teaching, playing, learning and growing in kindergarten! 

When I'm not at school, I love spending time with my almost 4 year old daughter, Sadie!  We love to spend time outside together exploring and learning about the world.  I enjoy yoga, swimming, traveling and my favorite thing to eat is ice cream!  My husband and I grew up in Maine and we love to go back to visit our families.

My teaching style is very nurturing, yet challenging in a developmentally appropriate way. Kindergarten is where children decide what kind of learners they want to be and how they will interact with school.  I take that responsibility very seriously, and all of our activities and lessons are intriguing, engaging, and fun.  It is my goal that every student loves coming to school each day and sees themselves as a learner.  Children in our class will experience continuity as they transition into the more structured routine of elementary school.  Kindergarten is not a whole new world; it is an expansion of their current world.   We make connections and use our natural curiosity to explore new things in ways that relate to what we already know.  Confidence and competence gained in our classroom become the foundation for a child's lifelong love of learning.




Ms. G








No comments:

Post a Comment

K Week 39

 Last Week of School Fun! Kindergartners!